Savasana (pronounced shah-vah-sah-nah), aka corpse pose, is the final asana in the yoga class & often referred to as the most important. It allows space for the benefits of the practice to integrate through the whole being.
Over the last couple of years I have chosen silence through most of the classes I teach. I'll then bring in a song for savasana. I take great joy in playing my students a divine track during this special time of class. Below is a list of my absolute favourites, I also have them in a spotify playlist.
1. Om based on Raag Bhairavi by Sanjeev Abhyankar
2. Dusk by The Meditone Project
3. Devi Prayer by Craig Pruess & Ananda
4. Om Mani Padme Hum by Jane Winther
5. I Can Almost See You by Hammock
6. Ra Ma Da Sa by Snatam Kaur
7. Mystery Angel by Xavier Rudd
8. Durgaashtakam - 8 Versis to Durga by Ananda & Davor Vdivic
9. LA1 by Moby
10. Savasana by Josh Brill
Deep gratitude to all of these amazing artists, thank you for creating such beautiful music for us all to marinate in & remember the truth of who we are.
Do you love these songs too? Or do you have some other favourites? I'd love to hear in the comments section below. X