Hi honey, you're home ;)
Welcome to my online space <3
I'm Amanda but it doesn't seem to last long coz #straya; so I'm mostly Mandy, Manda or Mands. These days I find myself sharing the yummy love vibrations as a mentor, doTERRA essential oils leader, yoga teacher & host of The Amanda Hill Show, my beloved poddy.
I consider myself half zen half lit with a touch of sass. I love surprising people with the latter...ie. still low key live for the drop during a solid d-floor sesh.
What also gets me goin' is seeing people have the courage to follow the internal nudge that whispers 'this way' in a world that can pull you a million different ways. I'm here to guide you on trusting those callings of your soul. Hint: it always leads to epic shit.
I believe in the freedom that comes from living a life aligned with Your Truth.
This space is for you if you feel like life wasn’t really meant to be a list of should’s or ‘I’ll be happy when’ statements eg. it’s the weekend/getting the perfect Euro sunset pic.
If you're picking up what I'm putting down then welcome to the squad. I love the shit out of my tribe so don't be a stranger ! I trust that you will find equal amounts of comfort & inspiration around this hood. X
How I got here...
I grew up seaside in Rosebud; VIC. It’s a beautiful place that’s not the city and not the country, somewhere in between. I’ve always thought of myself as quite a free spirit, someone who didn’t want a life ‘by the books’ but a life that felt deeply meaningful to me & contributed to the World in some way. When I finished school I saved up enough money to spend my GAP year in South America, volunteering teaching English in a third world community. I wanted to help people & have always been fascinated by the human condition, so even though I didn’t know what I wanted to ‘be’ as such, the year after I defaulted to studying psychology.
Lucky I did because I moved to Geelong to be on residence and that's where I met bae, we lived in the unit across from each other #fate. And so hitting up G-town for 3 years I was partying a lil too hard & beachin’ in between having this niggling feeling that the psychology degree wasn’t ‘it’. In my third year I started exploring other avenues; I got addicted to Yoga & was meditating daily. For me these new habits shifted the focus, I was realising that it all starts within and trusting that it was all part of a bigger plan for me... I naturally started sharing what I was learning with others, which led me to register my biz; running workshops & sharing online.
My health thrived for the first time in many years, finally healing chronic fatigue which had plagued me for the previous 5 years. You can hear more about that journey on episode 1 of my poddy here.
I started taking exquisite care of my body, mind & spirit. It was near impossible for me to do things that were other people’s expectations/shoulds; my body would let me know straight away. Thus I got the balls at the end of the year to listen to my intuition, defer my course and sit in the uncomfortable space in between. An opportunity to go to India to do my Yoga Teacher Training arose a few months later and I took it.
I’ve been flying by the seat of my pants ever since in fierce commitment to a life that feels meaningful and true to me. Now I get to guide people who also want to break the chains and live more of their Truth, too.
Random facts about mwah...
- My favourite thing in the World is going on camping adventures. I feel so much like ‘me’ sitting around a campfire talking shit or just silently being mesmerized by the flames
- I have such a sweet tooth...thoroughly enjoy cuddling up on the couch with a peppermint tea and dark choccy
- I believe in Yin & Yang wholeheartedly
- I’m a beach gal through and through; the ocean is my favourite place. Surfing is my bliss state.
- Music is the tits, amIright? Dancing & singing in my car/kitchen/anywhere is part of my everyday
- I adore each of the seasons of nature
- Huge believer that everything happens for a reason
- A bath with espom salts, lavender and coco oil is my idea of heaven
- I love being in tune with my menstrual cycle
- Going out for brunch is LIFE
- Love me some trashy TV from time to time, Sex & the City is my old fave…
- I smell like essential oils 24/7
- Unapologetically a romantic who loves love
- I’m a dog person but have a very soft spot for cats as well
Follow the journey on insta @amanda._hill for behind the scenes adventures, car parties and musings ! X